August 19, 2001
The meeting was called to order at approximately 18:05. Those present: Brent (President, and chairing the meeting); Nancy,
Mary, Toni, Shirley, Roger, Jan, Jurian, Gerard, Shaul, Barry.
- Agenda Item 1: Minutes of Last Meeting - Approval
- Since there were no objections or questions, the Minutes were considered ratified as correct.
- Agenda Item 2: Treasurer's Report - Report by Nancy
- Nancy, after checking with Wegner LLP, as discussed at the last Board meeting, was able to confirm that the books for
the fiscal year 2000 have, in fact, been closed.
- Agenda Item 3: Troubled Times, Inc. Booklet - Review and Discussion
- - Having reviewed the changes and revisions made by Nancy after the last Board meeting, all members reported that
these met with their approval.
- - There was a long discussion about whether or not to include out-of-print books in the book list at the end of the
Booklet; finally it was agreed that this procedure would be confusing, and irrelevant.
- - Mary gave a brief report on shipping costs and area expenses re the Booklet. She will talk to her Postmaster
concerning mailing the Booklet media/book rate, and will discuss this at the next meeting.
- Agenda Item 4: Ongoing Projects - Results/Review
- - Shirley reported on her progress with the shortwave radio project, stating that installation of the rig and mounting of
the antenna will take place either this week or, at the latest, next week.
- - Nancy gave the Board a breakdown of the costs for installation and upkeep of the DSL connection. The question of
co-locating or mirroring servers came up, and a suggestion was made that this should be discussed at the next Board
Meeting, but this was not taken further.
- - Motion, made by Roger, seconded by Jan: THAT we give tentative approval for DSL in case the offer nears
expiration before our next meeting. Motion carried, with Nancy abstaining.
- - Roger updated the Board on his Seed Team Project.
The meeting adjourned at approximately 20:10, UT.