July 29, 2001
The meeting was called to order at approximately 18:10. Those present: Brent (President, and chairing the meeting); Nancy,
Mary, Toni, Shirley, Roger, Jan, Jurian, and Gerard.
- Agenda Item 1: Minutes of Last Meeting - Approval
- - Since there were no objections or questions, the Minutes were considered ratified as correct.
- Agenda Item 2: Treasurer's Quarterly Report - Report by Nancy
- - After Nancy's report, Jan stated that all receipts were received by him and verified correct, and in accordance with
- - Nancy was asking that the budget for services by Wegner LPP be increased to $1000.00/year.
- - Motion, made by Jan, seconded by Mary: "THAT we accept the increase to usd 1,000/year". Carried unanimously.
- - As the result of a comment by Jan, an action item for Nancy is to check to make sure that the books for the year
2000 have been closed.
- Agenda Item 3: Troubled Times, Inc. Booklet - Review and Discussion
- - As the result of a general comment, one action item for Nancy is to write a description under the photo of a car run
on woodgas, since it is not at all clear what is in the back of that car.
- - Jan commented that all book references, as well as references to the TT web site, should be put at the back of the
Booklet, instead of below the various topics. The Board seemed to be evenly split on this issue, so in the end, Nancy
suggested that she should work with a couple of approaches with the Booklet references, for the Board's approval or
not, at the next meeting.
- - Motion, made by Nancy, seconded by Roger: "THAT we allocate $100 for postage, or even $500". The motion
passed for the $500.00 postage pool, with Mary abstaining.
- Agenda Item 4: Ongoing Projects - Results/Review
- - Roger reported on his progress with, and plans for the loaned land that he has acquired.
- - Motion, made by Nancy, seconded by Helena: "THAT we approve Roger's list for supplies". Carried unanimously.
- - Nancy said she had nothing more to add to the Carbon Arc or Video Clip projects, other than what is in the agenda.
- Agenda Item 5: Short Wave Radio Antenna - Vote or NOT
- - Motion, made by Nancy, seconded by Jurian (and later, by Jan): "THAT we fund Shirley's antenna, so she can
participate on the tt-radio practice sessions and we have a SECOND antenna site for the network we are trying to
- - Motion passed, with Shirley abstaining, and Toni not voting because she was off the computer at the time.
Motion, made by Nancy, seconded by Roger: "To adjourn". The meeting was adjourned at approximately 20:00 UT.